Hurricane Florence Update #5
We are continuing to monitor Hurricane Florence closely as it approaches as a Category 4 storm with North Topsail Beach in the center of the National Hurricane Center forecast track cone. At this point, it appears that the coast should start feeling effects late Wednesday with conditions worsening steadily from there. There is still far from a consensus on the path and/ or intensity. Please continue to monitor the official sources for the most up to date guidance.
St Regis is now prepared as best we can be, and with no one left on site, the staff has been evacuated per the mandatory evacuation order. The site is secure with all furniture removed from balconies, all outside furniture removed or secured, any loose items tied down on high ground and critical items moved from office to a higher location.
I want to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to the staff for their incredible efforts in preparing for this pending event. I can’t say enough how fortunate we are to have such a dedicated and skilled staff.
We have set up a temporary webcam system to view the beach, ocean, and parts of the resort from inside Oceans Edge Restaurant. Thanks to Rodney Vest, Greg Garner, and Mark Witmer for pulling this together so quickly. Email me if you would like access to the cams and I will send you an email with an invitation to “tune in to arlo”; then follow the instructions to create an account and view. The four cameras provided very nice views this afternoon before dark and will hopefully do the same over the next few days.
The Board of Directors met tonight and the decision was officially made to cancel the HOA meeting and cookout this weekend. We look forward to our annual meeting weekend Oct 12th and 13th. The BOD will meet again on Monday, September 17th to discuss the status of St Regis after the storm.
Please feel free to contact me as needed and I will continue to provide updates based on available information.
Once again, I urge everyone to use caution and stay safe!